Sunday, May 15, 2016

Rock Climbing For The First Time

Yesterday on Saturday May 14th, I got my first experience on ROCK CLIMBING!!!
Yeah.. for the first time in my life :D
As a beginner I chose via Ferrata. Its protected route which made from steel. We can secure ourselves to the cable. So I guess its kinda save. Lol.

By the way, I did my climbing in Purwakarta. And the mountain is Gunung Parang.


Gunung Parang is an andasite mount with 900 metres. But I only climbed about 300 metres and it was totally enough and exhausting.


Protected with our kit and guide we climbed the mountain one by one. First impression, GREAT! I imagined it would be creepy. Lol. But when the guide told us how to use our kit and how to climb, I was relieved.


At first it was scaring to see from above but the more I climbed the more I was confident enough to see. And it was okay. As long I listened to the guide and follow his instruction I totally enjoyed to go higher :)


Sometimes the path was not straight and made us scared but with slowly move, we can through this path well. Oh I could feel strong wind here by the way. I remember I held the ferrata strongly here.


And there was a time I could take a rest and saw this wonderful view. What I felt at the time.. I was so small. I definitely so small in this world. Lol.


and finally we were on about 300 metres. It took about 1,5 hours to be here.


And after we took some rest we went down again in the same path which was more interesting. It felt faster than before and got easier. Good thing was the weather too. After we finished the climb suddenly rain was pouring and we were drenched. But we did it :) Yeahhh

I was so happy. Because I have a new experience again. So thankful. Like I said before. I feel so small. So small even from 300 m above. Im wondering what was I look like from 900 m or higher.

If there is  any chance again I'll definitely want to try this climbing again. My  friend said there is another rock climbing without ferrata which is must be more thrilling. Well.. kinda creepy for me. But who knows, right?



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me..