Friday, September 14, 2012

Goodbye for now, Oppung...


I heard the news this morning... Oppung has passed away...

I woke up this morning at 6 am because my mom called me. As I get sick lately, she always calls me everyday. At first she asked about my health, I said its gettting better. Fyi, yesterday I went to the hospital and took the urine test and the result was good. Its so relieved. And then mom told me they are in the hospital because last night my grandma suddenly felt sick on her chest. Mom asked to pray for my grandma’s health. After that, I prayed for her. I believe God will make her better.
And then mom called me again. It was 8 am. I got bad feeling about this. Mom asked me whether me and my sister *who accompany me here while Im sick* has waken up already and told me...grandma has gone... forever...
And then we’re crying...

My grandma or I called her, oppung *bataknese*, was the longest and healthier elder I’ve ever known in my family. Even her husband, my grandpa, has gone since I was in the middle school. Oppung was really like to work. Even she was supposed to be relax at home, she always wanted to work.  We have a tiny coffee plantation 30 minutes by car from our home. Usually we go there afternoon or in the weekend and if my dad told us “lets go there”, we sometimes felt lazy *young generation..ckckck..* but oppung would had so many spirit and looked so happy. While I thought the sun was very hot and it would be better enjoying weekend at home lazing around. I once asked her why she’s so happy when we have to be tired? Isnt tired is annoying?
And then oppung told me it makes her healthier. Her body is moving and it feels good and healthy makes her happy. She felt her body is in bad condition everytime she’s doing nothing.
Oppung came from a small village in the mountain and its really far from modern city. I think until now that village doesnt have electricity yet. Sad to hear that, I mean with all the glamour stuff in this country, there are some people who doesnt even taste how good to see the light in our home.
But  I think for oppung it doesnt matter. They would prefer to work outside with nature. And they are really good at work. Strong and tough. I guess this is the reason why oppung didnt even like to watch TV for quite long time. She would go to bed and said TV made her sleepy. While TV made me awaken *geez..young generation..ckckck*
Oppung that I know also was the honest person. Sometimes she was too honest I guess and it sounded like she insulted someone with her words. One day, she told about someone that definitely tanned and she said its ugly. We bursted out and rolling on the floor laughing. Oppung looked so innocent when she told her story and that made us laughing out loud.
Last time I met her was last year when she already took LASIK operation on her eyes. She had catarac once and then she told me how clear she looked me that day. She even told me I was look so cubby..hehe.. When we watched TV together, my eyes didnt see properly the TV so I need my glasses while she didnt use anything anymore and I congratulate her for that. She also asked whether I had boyfriend at the time and laughed a lot and said I love money than boys. She sighed for me and said she really want to wear her good dress for my wedding and afraid that she couldnt make it if I take a long time to get married. But I only laughed and made her sure she must be wear it one day and see me married. She’s totally fine. Her eyes even better than mine...

And around last month, me and my elder sister took our tickets together to go back to our hometown this Christmas. Lots of plans has been made especially in my mind. One of them, is taking a family picture. Last time we took it when I was in the high school. I even captured it in my mind how’s our position. Oppung, dad, mom and five of us... Together :)

And it looks not gonna make it
Oppung has gone now... She left so many memories.. advices.. stories...
I remember how long you took time to talk to Our God everytime you prayed and now you finally meet Him.
I asked Him to make you better and I know the better is going back to your real home. Our REAL home...
Goodbye for now , oppung...
Pajumpang disi ma hita...
Until we meet again ;)

beloved oppung...




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me..