Thursday, October 18, 2012

a, s...Im Crazy About You


They are not the initials to someone that Im crazy about ;P

Its really letter a and s.

Different from when I was teaching in the playgroup, which mostly playing and trying to improve their soft-motoric skills, emotion and independent. This time in kindergarten I start to teach them to write numbers and characters. At first they traced them and slowly I asked them to copy them. Im so glad that most of my students were able to do that. But some of them, well.. they didnt.. yet!

I have one student. She was my former student in the playgroup before and now she is also my student in the kindergarten, so I almost know her more than one year. When she was in the playgroup, she was  so moody and lazy to do the tasks especially soft-motoric skill activities (coloring, tracing, painting). She was hard to remember the symbol of numbers (1-10 using flashcard) and often confused about colors.

But after several months in the kindergarten, I can see how she can improve better than before. She does her task nicely now, able to know and WRITE the numbers even I give randomly and know the colors well. But now, when we try to write, she has hard time for some letters. Especially, a and s!

Today, I almost blew my head when I taught her those 2 letters.. :D

When she wrote an a, she would make a circle and make a little backward tail. And her s was definitely like number 2. I guess because she had hard time to write number 2 before and when she did it  successfully, she really couldnt forget how to write number 2 right now even it was the letter s.

My patience has been tested again today :) I sat next to her, sometimes held her hand and even drew a snake and explained the s was like a snake and showed her where was the head and where was the tail :P

Good thing was, she slowly understood. Sometimes she forgot and tested me again and again. But so far, today was better :)

I believe nothing would be in vain, anyway... :)

Yesterday, I taught her to write letter m. She always wrote m with a gap. I said m was like having 3 feet but she wrote it with 4 feet. But, with our practice, she could write her m almost perfect now. Im so proud of her :)

Im wondering how my parents and my teachers taught me to write long long time ago :P




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me..